At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is on the lookout for a talented Audio Designer who possesses a passion for innovative interactive sound production. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Dundee.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar audio design team is responsible for designing, recording, editing, and implementing the SFX for all Rockstar titles.
- We’re committed to creating deeply immersive interactive audio, pushing the sonic boundaries of what’s possible in our medium.
- Creation and implementation of in-game sound effects – from raw wave asset creation through to tuning in-game behaviour and mixing, using a combination of commercial and in-house tools.
- Working closely with audio programmers to design and then refine interactive audio systems.
- Working with mission designers to understand, create, and implement audio.
- Scheduling and tracking of their own work, and co-ordinating their work with other members of the audio team.
- Mentoring and development of junior audio designers.
- Assisting with preparation, execution, and editing of recording sessions e.g. vehicle engines, foley, ambience.
- 2+ years experience in game audio design (AAA experience preferred).
- Excellent creative audio design skills.
- Excellent critical listening skills.
- Ability to create and tune extremely high-quality audio assets from scratch, to a creative brief, sourcing assets from libraries or from custom recordings.
- Commercial experience using audio middleware such as Wwise, Unreal Engine 5 Audio or similar for implementing interactive game audio.
- Expert knowledge of popular DAW packages such as Pro Tools or REAPER.
- Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs, and an interest in exploring the potential of new audio technology to creatively solve problems.
- Experience creating interactive audio that utilises complex real-time modulation sources.
- Understanding of environmental acoustic modelling, and ability to create assets suitable for diverse open-world environments.
- Knowledge of recording techniques and technologies - microphones, audio recording equipment, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with our large interdisciplinary team.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Understanding of modular synthesis and other procedural audio techniques.
- Experience working with ambisonics or other spatial audio techniques.
- Experience working with Bug Tracking software such as Jira or Trac.
- Experience working on AAA projects.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.