At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented and passionate Senior Workplace Services Manager. The ideal candidate will help to provide key management of the studios day-to-day operation and facilities services. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s brand new, state of the art game development studio in Carlsbad, California.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Workplace Services Team is responsible for ensuring the workplace, building, facilities, and services work harmoniously together to support the core business.
- We create a creative, supportive, and safe working environment for the staff at Rockstar.
- We manage and develop both hard and soft facilities services, including building maintenance, security, cleaning, catering, and space utilization and strategy.
- We ensure the site complies with all relevant compliance and legislation.
- We partner with senior leadership to drive proactive real estate growth strategies, leasehold improvement, and capital expenditure projects.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the building and facilities services at Rockstar San Diego, ensuring a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment is provided proactively for staff and visitors.
- Create local Facilities Management strategy – Setting standards for quality and efficiency of services.
- Partner with both Local and Global HR, Legal, IT, and other key teams to ensure the facility is meeting all needs.
- Oversee contract management for workplace and facilities services, including procurement process, budget management, contract negotiation, day-to-day operational oversite, and performance management.
- Manage building and Workplace Services projects taking them from their identification through to completion, ensuring deadlines are met, and communications to key stakeholders upheld.
- Always ensure full compliance with all legal and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety, Fire, Sustainability, etc.
- Ensure the effective documentation and development of building and facilities information, particularly operational processes and documents required for safety and compliance.
- Assist Workplace Leaders in related global projects and initiatives.
- Oversee and manage the San Diego Workplace Services team, ensuring they carry out their roles professionally and to the required standard coaching and developing where needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent vocational education and experience.
- 8-10+ years’ experience working within a Facilities or Workplace Operations role, ideally supporting a high growth 100,000rsf facility with high population of technical/engineering disciplines.
- 3+ years' experience successfully managing a team displaying effective communication, leadership, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
- Hands-on leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Experience in overseeing service contracts, including their procurement, performance, and management.
- Excellent understanding of current safety legislation and best practices.
- Capable of working autonomously, managing, and prioritizing their own workload, while understanding when and where to seek guidance and approval.
- Experience with overlapping business support fields, e.g., IT, Administration, Operations.
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and have strong initiative to address tasks proactively.
- Process-driven and outcome-focused. Always looking for quality improvement.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports to work as a team to ensure service meets appropriate goals.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to create a sense of fun and motivate a team whilst upholding standards and maintaining discipline.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Sound financial skills and IT skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excelling planning and project management skills with the ability to consider things from multiple angles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with triple net lease and campus environment preferred.
- IFMA qualification.
- OSHA Safety training or equivalent.
- Previous experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
- Experience with work order ticketing systems, space management tools and construction project management platforms.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.