At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Workplace Services/ Maintenance Assistant who possess a passion for reactive and planned maintenance and the delivery of workplace services and maintenance tasks. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We manage two facilities in Holyrood Road, Edinburgh where you will be based. We also have a further facility in Dundee where you may be asked to help on occasion.
- At Rockstar, the emphasis is on ‘Workplace Services’. We do not see our role as beginning and ending with the fabric of the building or the workings of plant and equipment.
- The Rockstar Workplace Services Team is responsible for making sure the building and services work harmoniously together to support the core business.
- We create a creative, supportive and safe working environment for the staff at Rockstar.
- We manage and develop both hard and soft facilities services including building maintenance, security, cleaning, catering and space utilisation and strategy.
- We ensure the site complies will all relevant compliance and legislation.
- Through your efforts, we deliver creative, supportive, and safe working environment for the staff at Rockstar.
- Fabric repair and maintenance – actioning where appropriate or co-ordinating sub-contractor activity.
- Washroom maintenance – unblocking showers and sinks drains, and repairing or replacing bathroom fixtures and fittings, such as WC seats.
- Minor electrical - Keeping records of electrical supplies, changing lamps, identifying defects in fixtures and fittings, visual emergency lighting testing, and PAT testing (PAT training provided if required).
- Proactively fixing and reporting faults and potential issues within the buildings.
- Complete weekly and monthly checks of the building and workplace plant equipment.
- Maintaining the inventory of tools, supplies and spare parts. Ensuring storerooms are kept tidy and well ordered.
- Supervising and assisting 3rd party contractors and suppliers.
- Adherence to administrative and management processes.
- Awareness of and adherence to health & safety best practice and company environmental policy at all times.
- Assist Security department as necessary (escorting of contractors, conducting fire alarm test, etc.).
- Assist Admin department in ensuring that the premises are maintained to high standard (moving furniture, replenishing cleaning and hygiene supplies).
- Any ad-hoc duties within reason to maintain the building and facilities.
- Supporting WPS team manager as required
You will be expected to develop your facilities / workplace services skills and knowledge through day-to-day activity and through formal training including membership of Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management.
- Self-educating, curious and pragmatic, solution-oriented mind-set.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise workloads independently.
- Confident decision making.
- Time management skills.
- Team player and supportive of others.
- Strong IT skills.
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Experience working in a similar position.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Trade or facilities qualifications.
- IOSH Managing Safety.
- PAT training.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.