At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented Character Artist (Mid-Level) who will have a passion for creating humans, creatures, clothing and accessories to the very highest standard. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We design, create, and populate the world with the people that bring the story and play to life, for both our story-driven and online game worlds.
- Our characters are the embodiment of the player’s experiences and their interactions when they play – how they look, feel, and interact with other living things.
- We design in-deep customization and functionality to character assets for the game’s specific needs.
- We work with a broad range of digital tools for sculpting, modelling and texture painting, with fundamental basis in observational art creation and an explicit attention to detail.
- We use other technical tools for cloth simulations, photogrammetry and physically based shader pipelines to help us create believable characters.
- You’ll join a global team setting high standards across all of our projects, who have an exacting production focus and an obsession for getting the minutiae right.
- Work within Character art asset production for all of our global titles.
- Work with Art Direction and Lead Artists to achieve task creative and production goals whilst working under own initiative.
- A comprehensive modelling and texturing portfolio showing 3D character art to a very high standard, with specific ability in the representation of realistic human anatomy and garments/drapery.
- Working knowledge of 3DStudio Max for 3D modelling (or other similar packages), and Photoshop\Substance for texturing.
- Good sculpting ability in ZBrush and knowledge of Marvellous Designer workflow for digital clothing production.
- Basic understanding of all current generation character art asset production - and an understanding of PBR/Lighting pipelines and shader tools is plus.
- Good understanding of the human body and facial anatomy; form, structure, and silhouette in respect of economical and appropriate modelling for game target assets and polycounts.
- Has a knowledge of creating and manipulating texture maps and surface patterns, and excellent understanding of the value of UV space.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual with a sense of humour and passion for making great game art in a team setting.
- Ability to work with bespoke engine toolsets, defined asset workflows, and contribute to overall character department goals and working practices.
- Self-motivated and flexible, with good communication skills.
- Consistent delivery of high-quality art: on-spec and on-time.
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors..
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Three or more years of development experience, ideally having shipped console titles as a character artist.
- An inherent appreciation and understanding of fashion and street style, and era-specific culture as they relate to costuming and dress.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.