At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking for a talented Frontend Web Developer to work with the Technical Art team. You will be responsible for helping develop and integrate internal web applications focused on production and asset tracking used by various departments within Rockstar.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop and maintain web applications supporting our various internal production workflows and integration with various software APIs.
- We optimize web application databases for best performance.
- We work closely with other departments to influence UI/UX design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
- We help diagnose and troubleshoot issues that arise in both the web applications we maintain, as well as relevant tools that integrate with our web applications.
- We plan for what’s coming down the pipeline, and review how to improve and advance our web applications.
- Work alongside the TA development team to design, code, debug and optimize frontend code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- Design, build, test and deploy web applications with a keen focus and understanding of the underlying technologies and integrations with our workflows.
- Implement proof of concepts to explore and validate ideas.
- Build new features and functionality by writing clean, functional, and well documented code.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Understanding of (and experience with) asynchronous programming.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Strong understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Experience with JSON and Rest APIs.
- Experience using Visual Code or Visual Studio.
- Building and consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with sharing code and use of source control platforms.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- At least 1-2 years’ professional experience in a related field.
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Database experience with SQL or Mongo.
- .NET Core backend skills.
- C#, Python programming skills.
- UI design skills.
- Portfolio showing your projects.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our franchises.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.