At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for an Assistant Systems Administrator looking to kick-start their career providing first line support within a busy technology driven company. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We are a friendly, close-knit team who are part of the larger global R* IT family.
- We provide desktop hardware and software support to the studio, including installation, maintenance and purchasing.
- Our main goal is to give the highest level of service to ensure minimal downtime for the end user.
- We are process and procedure driven with an emphasis on accurate documentation.
- We work in a very fast paced environment with new challenges around every corner.
- We are always very security oriented with a drive for protecting company IP.
- We are environmentally aware ensuring we recycle all our old IT kit and printer toners.
- Provide first line technical support to a large game development team.
- Moving IT equipment to help with studio and team re-organisation.
- IT storeroom housekeeping, unboxing deliveries, hardware recycling and maintain secure disposal processes.
- Maintain asset inventory, including regular physical stock checks.
- Supporting the local IT team.
- Keeping IT area tidy and well presented.
- Relevant degree or experience, or the ability to showcase a high interest in a career within IT.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and use own initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate excellent problem skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to follow instruction and processes.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Customer service focused.
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
- Willing to be flexible with regards to shift patterns.
- On call to cover out of hours support for the studio at busy periods.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Familiarity with PC gaming hardware.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 10 & O365.
- Experience with Active Directory & ticketing systems.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.