At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a talented Senior User Interface (UI) Designer to join the Marketing Department at our Manhattan, NYC studios.
The ideal candidate is a multi-disciplinary designer that has very strong design skills and a deep understanding of the advantages and limitations of digital media to create digital experiences that are cutting-edge, aesthetically stunning, user-friendly and highly functional. This person should feel comfortable collaborating with other designers, developers, and producers across departments, and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment that demands a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and creativity.
WHAT WE DO
- The Digital Creative team works on all creative related to Rockstar Game’ Digital Marketing experiences, this includes everything from marketing website design to fully immersive experiences for our users.
- We work very closely with teams across all of publishing, as well as our development studios worldwide.
- Our designs are often the first thing people see on any Rockstar game and we take great pride in creating artwork for this unique and iconic brand.
- We are lovers of culture and creativity across all forms of media and our work gives Rockstar’s products their unique look and feel.
- Design best-in-class digital experiences for our brand and product websites, microsites, and more.
- Design reusable and scalable UI components that can be used across multiple different websites.
- Collaborate closely with a team of designers to evolve and refine the visual language of our brands and products.
- Translate business requirements, marketing objectives and user research/feedback into thoughtful, engaging, well-designed experiences.
- Work closely with a team of developers to bring your designs to life– ensuring visual accuracy, effectively communicating feedback and helping to work through issues as they come up.
- Effectively communicate ideas and design decisions to stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Provide constructive feedback to other designers– ensuring that everything we deliver is highly polished, well thought-out, and works together cohesively.
- Create organized and production-ready deliverables for design and development.
- Generate design work plans; accurately estimate and prioritize work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary.
- Utilize a range of different tools to articulate your ideas and bring them to life as prototypes.
- 5+ years of experience as a UI Designer working on customer-facing websites
- Excellent visual design skills and sensibilities. Design-related BA/BFA is a plus.
- Refined attention to detail
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes, with a deep understanding of responsive web best practices and limitations
- Experience contributing to and utilizing a design system
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of amazing commercial websites and/or native applications
- Self-starter with a strong drive to effect change, streamline process and deliver the best work possible
- Team-oriented individual with the ability to provide direction, inspiration to teammates.
- Proficient in modern design and prototyping tools (Figma, Principle, Framer, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- Creative, collaborative, and adaptable.
- Ability to utilize rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
- Ability to deliver engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders and facilitate broader design discussions within the team
- Comfortable operating in a fast-moving, fluid, startup environment.
- Capable of prioritization across numerous high impact tasks and projects.
- Ability to perform at a high level whether working as part of a team or independently.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A love of video games, film, and entertainment.
- Smart, conceptual, confident, competent, adaptable, proactive, and results-oriented.
- Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well.
- You embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to lead product development with new features and user goals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race