At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a passionate camera artist to join our growing cutscene team. You will be collaborating with the team to operate and animate the cinematic cameras that tell the stories of our games. You will work with virtual cameras on the motion capture set, as well as meticulously recreate natural camera motion via a 3D animation program. As part of the camera team, it will be your responsibility to iterate on and maintain the cutscene cameras throughout the life of the project.
WHAT WE DO
- The Cutscene Camera Team uses cameras to visually tell the stories of our games.
- We work with motion-captured camera rigs and animated virtual cameras to create camera movements and angles that are grounded in the real world.
- We maintain the visual polish of the cutscenes throughout the life of the project.
- Take on the role of a “virtual” camera operator.
- Work closely with our creative directors to realize their vision through the use of on-set camera work, as well as professional animation and editing software.
- Maintaining visual polish of scenes throughout the project’s lifetime.
- High quality iteration at every step of our pipeline, from previsualization all the way to exporting scenes to game.
All applicants must provide a reel and resume demonstrating:
- High quality camera work on narrative projects.
- Strong understanding of composition in film.
- A solid understanding of the creative process from conception through post.
- Experience keeping things organized when multi-tasking on large projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation or Film Production) and/or comparable years professional experience in games/film.
- A strong passion for video games, film, and pop culture - especially related to the Rockstar Games brand.
- Proven ability to produce high quality camera work.
- Strong technical understanding of creative software: Knowledge of Autodesk’s MotionBuilder and/or Maya is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of professional editing software, preferably Avid.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Flexibility to iterate and conform to the overall creative vision of a project.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative team-player mentality.
- Please note that a cinematic reel of camera work and credits list of previous creative works is required for consideration.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.