At Rockstar Games we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented Systems Engineer who possess a passion for IT. This is a full-time permanent position that can sit in either our New York City or Long Island locations.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver global IT systems infrastructure to the development teams.
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
- Responsible for Windows and Linux servers, Network, Storage, Applications, and other connected systems globally.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the IT industry
- Industry standard qualifications MCSE/CCNA/VCP or industry equivalent are advantageous but not essential.
- Windows server installation and administration (Active directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, DFS/R, Office 365).
- Linux configuration and administration skills (RHEL/Ubuntu).
- Ruckus ICX/Cisco networking
- VMware/Nutanix/Hypervisor, installation and administration.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Self-motivated & confident.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Capacity to juggle a mixture of break-fix and project work, managing individual priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours, or out of hours as required.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- SAN/NAS installation and administration – Understanding of replication technologies would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of iSCSI and Fibre channel storage protocols.
- Palo Alto Firewalls and Panorama administration.
- WAN acceleration technology experience (Silverpeak/Riverbed/Citrix).
- Open source Infrastructure monitoring (CheckMK/Nagios).
- Administration experience with Atlassian stack (Confluence/Jira).
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible).
- Application and web service administration (IIS/Apache/Tomcat).
- Database configuration and administration (MySQL/Percona/NoSQL).
- Scripting skills (Powershell/Bash/Python/C#).
- Version control system exposure (Perforce/GIT/Subversion).
- Experience using/supporting enterprise monitoring tools (Elasticsearch/Splunk).
- Containerization administration and configuration (Docker/Kubernetes).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resumé and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.