At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking a Manager of Communications to develop and execute strategic communications for both internal and external platforms. The successful candidate will have stellar people skills, the ability to make and foster strong relationships with the press, and a passion for making the highest quality video games on the market. This is a full-time role, based out of our unique studio in the heart of Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Communications Team lead, develop, and implement strategic PR/Communications plans for Rockstar Games.
- We manage product launches for high-profile console, PC and portable gaming titles.
- We interact closely with various inter-company departments during the execution of PR/communications plans.
- Create, design, and lead the execution of title-specific communications plans consistent with Rockstar’s overall brand strategy and philosophy.
- Draft messaging and shape pitches for each stage of the communications process.
- Actively maintain and develop media relationships.
- Demo the games to external parties.
- Provide sensible analysis and reports about the reaction to our games at any point.
- Streamline team management organization and coordination.
- Extensive amount of travel potentially required - including game demos, industry events, sales support, and satellite office meetings.
- 3+ years of PR experience in the gaming industry preferred, but 5+ years of relevant experience in other entertainment and media industries welcome as well.
- Proven record of successful PR campaigns.
- Comprehensive writing portfolio (messaging, press releases, pitches).
- Thorough understanding of games itself, games industry, as well as youth culture and media essential.
- Passion for Rockstar and our games.
- Excellent planning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully interact with internal peers (Product Development, Product Management, Sales) and senior management as well as vendors and outside agencies.
- Detail-oriented and highly efficient both autonomously and with a team.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with a positive, solutions-oriented attitude.
- A strong work ethic with a desire to achieve the best possible results.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience driving company-wide diversity and inclusion learning initiatives.
- Prior experience in a rapidly growing, global company, preferably within the gaming, media, or tech industry.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.