At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for a talented UI Programmer who possesses a passion for creating world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We create world class user interfaces that help form the connection between the player and our games.
- We are a cohesive global team of programmers and developers across multiple studios.
- We create our own in-house UI technologies, tools and editors.
- Develop, maintain and extend next generation UI systems.
- Take prototype design ideas, iterate through trial and error to evolve them into fluent, easy to use UIs.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other coders on how to best utilize the current UI technology.
- A degree in computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience with at least one shipped game title.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, and OO design skills.
- Good understanding of common UI design patterns such as MVC and MVVM.
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with programmers, artists and designers.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Good team communication skills, and being able to translate rough ideas into concrete implementations.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Visual arts or equivalent background.
- Experience with Scaleform, Flash, and Actionscript.
- Familiarity with XAML and WPF.
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.