At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
As an Environment Artist working at Rockstar Toronto, you will be responsible for creating exciting and believable artwork, building and texturing environment assets for the biggest and best open worlds in the industry.
We prize an ability to demonstrate individual design skills; including concept and creation of assets that are both original and yet still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
WHAT WE DO
- What we do is fundamental to the player’s experience. They run through our environments, interact with our assets and feel ownership over artwork that we designed.
- Visual storytelling is as important in video games as it is in film. We create, visually, the story of people’s lives.
- We create fully realized environments to enhance the game experience for players.
- Sculpting, modeling and texturing terrain for next-gen game environments.
- Work within the map department specialising in landscape terrain art.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist and Creative Directors.
- Ensuring artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Proven track record on shipped titles preferred.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Proficient at sculpting natural landscapes of varying terrain.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop and either ZBrush or Mudbox is required.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
- Experience with World Machine or similar packages are a positive, but not a necessity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV, cover letter, and portfolio demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Toronto recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.