RAPP Mauritius is looking for Front End Developer to join our award-winning team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
- The Front End Engineer will work on modern, international, large scale projects.
- He/ She is expected to be proficient in latest JS libraries, like React JS / Next JS, and will work closely with the back-end / DevOps team to build JAMStack and microservices architecture.
- Responsible for developing efficient, testable, reusable component for responsive websites
- Responsible to write good code using the best industry practices set by the Frontend Architect
- Responsible to write good documentation for all codes written
- Responsible to develop websites using a mobile first strategy
- Responsible to develop websites using best SEO practices and accessibility
- Responsible to write unit test cases as part of development
- Responsible to mitigate performance issues during development
- Responsible to comply with project plans and industry standards
- Responsible to Work closely with other staff, such as backend developers, QA engineers, release engineers, project managers, graphic artists, UX designers and sales and marketing professionals
- Responsible to investigate in new emerging technologies
- Responsible to continuously update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Hands-on experience using React JS.
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Experience using task runners such as Gulp
- Experience using revision control such as GIT
- Good understanding of SEO principle
- Libraries/Framework: ExpressJS, Mocha, Bootstrap, Foundation
- Tools/IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio Code with linters
It’s a PLUS if you have the following:
- Cloud (Azure/AWS) high level knowledge.
- Microservices architecture, including use of Docker containers.
- API management
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field or relevant experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.