RAPP Chicago is looking for a Cloud Architect
to join our award- winning team.
We are the agency absolutely, utterly, fiercely focused on the individual. We use our data, technology and creative smarts to make meaningful, connections with every single person a brand knows.
As a guiding ethos, RAPP stands up for Individuality. So much so, that it's in our agency value proposition. We're committed to racial justice, equality and equity, representation, and unbiased opportunity – because we know that embracing diversity in all its facets helps us create our best work. Harnessing the experiences of all our Fiercely Individual people, and the differences among us, is the surest way to positively impact our business and network culture.
We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, life stages and abilities to apply. RAPP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process –or after you’ve joined us – please let us know.
WHO WE ARE:
At RAPP, with unrivaled depth of expertise in first-party data, we’ve been observing and cataloguing real people’s lives for 50 years. In today’s world the balance of power has shifted and customers are in control which is why we put people and their preferences at the heart of the brand experience through the discipline of CMR – Consumer-Managed Relationships. We create marketing that matters and RAPP’s expertise in data and marketing sciences gives us and our clients actionable human insight - an incredible understanding of genuine motivations, observed transactions and actual interactions. Our process reflects how real people think; we balance the left brain and the right – and we do our best work when we bring Precision and Empathy into balance. Building on our data foundation, RAPP delivers a range of capability across social, digital, customer experience and technology.
RAPP is proud to employ over 1000 talented people across US, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Singapore and Dubai and we actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision.
RAPP is part of the global network Omnicom and is part of the DAS Group of Companies. To learn more, visit www.rapp.com
The Technical Architect will ensure the proper technical planning, preparation, and implementation of the development, test, and production environments for the creation and launch of web based, interactive, and data-driven solutions for our clients and internal initiatives. Additional key responsibilities include, scoping and estimating development work and participating in new business opportunities as well as providing technical support to project team members.
- Work with Business Analysts, Quality Analyst to draft non-functional requirements, technical specifications and design specifications
- Design, Develop, debug and create microservices on AWS
- Help implement Automated performance and security testing in the cloud
- Work with DevOps to leverage CI/CD to deploy code
- Work on Agile teams and commit to continuously deliver
- 3-8 years programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related preferred
- Design, Develop, debug and create microservices & web-apps using Java/.Net/Node etc, Spring boot, MySQL, NoSQL on AWS/Azure.
- Identify frameworks and tools that enable better cloud native designs, and implement proof of concepts in them
- Work on big-data and analytics framework like NoSql Databases, analytics and streaming frameworks such as Apache Spark, messaging frameworks such as Kafka
- Experience with Service Mesh such as Istio and deployment on containers in Kubertenes
- Explore new AWS/Azure technologies, select and create production grade microservices and proof of concepts.
- Experience architecting complex cloud native and distributed architecture, including data lakes.
- Debug production incidents around Microservices, authentication, authorization, database, elastic search
- Experience working with big data, information retrieval, data mining or machine learning as well as experience in building multi-tier high availability applications with cloud technologies (such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow) is a bonus
- Deliver using agile process
- Excellent communication, cooperative and organizational skills; a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual able to manage many projects simultaneously
- Ability to interact positively with clients and employees at all levels of the organization
- Superior attention to details
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Vendor Disclaimer: RAPP/Omnicom is not / will not be held responsible for any unsolicited vendor/agency candidates submitted without prior written consent and thus any agency fees or payments thereof.