This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the fastest growing product at Lightspeed - Golf! Don’t worry, you don’t have to be passionate about golf to join this team. We’re looking for someone who enjoys making both people and businesses grow through their coaching and technical skills.
We’re at an exciting stage in our growth, and you will be responsible for a part of our Golf product line, making sure that our software provides a seamless, exceptional experience to our customers and internal stakeholders.
You will work with other Product Managers, Designers and Product Marketing across different product lines to provide a single, cohesive, winning solution.
At Golf, you’ll have a unique opportunity to modernize the Golf management software industry and work with a passionate and friendly team to make your mark!
What you’ll be responsible for
- As a Software Development Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading and shaping one of our product teams.
- Lead a full-stack squad of 4-5 developers through coaching and mentorship
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Raising the bar and elevate your teams by sharing knowledge and establishing best practices
- Take part in daily agile ceremonies and share new ideas based on your knowledge and experience
- Providing mentoring to your teams and tracking team delivery, while ensuring that highest performance standards are met.
- Providing feedback and assist career development of individuals on the team
- Acting as an advocate for ownership & highest code quality, as well as contributions to the health of the infrastructure
What you’ll be bringing to the team
- Experience in a team lead capacity
- 5+ years of professional experience, though it's more important what you know and what you can do.
- Experience mentoring or coaching team members
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages such as Ruby on Rails, or Angular or React
- Experience delivering product features
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design
- Good approach to testing quality of code and has the quality mindset
- Strong understanding of continuous delivery model
Who you are:
- A leader and a coach, someone with strong people skills
- A teacher and a mentor, who loves to help individuals learn and reach their potential
- A problem solver who doesn’t shy away from tackling complexity
- Decisive and able to handle ambiguity
- Someone with a strong will to learn, grow and get out of their comfort zone
- Able to take initiative and think outside the box
- A person with great energy and passion for technology
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you:
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Lots of autonomy, flexible work culture and possibility of remote work
- Innovation time to explore and learn at work
- Shaping the company by joining cultural & technical committees
- Tons of growth opportunities into technical or people management roles
- Amazing benefits & perks, including equity for all Lightspeeders
- Opportunity to join a fast-paced, high-growth company
- Opportunity to learn, expand your skill set, forge wonderful relationships and make your mark within the diverse and inclusive Lightspeed family, a true Canadian tech success story
…. And enjoy a range of benefits that will keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry.
- Lightspeed equity scheme (we are all owners).
- Unlimited paid time off policy.
- Health insurance.
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year.
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents.
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services.
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.