Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Lightspeed Retail team, to ensure the best possible end-to-end experience for Lightspeed retailers by: fully understanding the retailer landscape and challenges; set the product strategy and discover our next big opportunities; contribute to a world-class product team and culture.
For this role, we are open to office based, hybrid Canada-based candidates, +1/-1h time zone difference from EST.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discovering and accurately identifying highly valuable problems to solve at scale so that you maximize the yield of the team.
- Contributing to your product team a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business and a deep knowledge of the customers. This will ensure the team’s detailed understanding of the problem so that the team has the context and the autonomy to deliver.
- Influencing your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic to ensure buy-in across the organization of the prioritization of the problems to solve and desired outcome.
- Contributing to a world class product team by sharing your knowledge and showcasing exceptional product management skills.
- Building strong retailer advocacy, increasing retailer empathy and understanding throughout the company.
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a Senior level candidate who has experience with the following:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product through the software development lifecycle - You have owned a large feature or entire product (on any platform)
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business - engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Passion for innovation and new product development, and the ability to provide a plan to get there.
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity, and a go-getter, entrepreneurial mindset.
- The hunger to learn across the core areas of your domain, to synthesize insights from your learnings and to leverage those insights in your team.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Clear and consistent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Highly collaborative and effective team member.
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Flexible remote options
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Mental health online platform and counseling & coaching services
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.