The Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, California in 2028, returning to the United States for the first time in over 30 years. 2028 will be the first time LA hosts the Paralympic Games, creating an opportunity to expand awareness, understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities.
LA28, the organizers for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, is on a mission to create an unparalleled Games experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people. Our vision is to collectively create what’s next through sport, community and the power of our differences.
The LA28 Games will represent LA and leverage the strength of our community’s diversity and creativity as we collectively work to design a Games that we all want to be a part of. We do this by focusing on people and by inviting everyone into the story of the LA28 Games.
The LA28 organizing committee is an independent, non-profit organization that is privately funded and governed by a board of directors.
Our Vision is to collectively create what’s next by harnessing sport, community and the power of our differences. Our Mission is to create an unparalleled Olympic and Paralympic experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people.
Values and Behaviors:
· Optimism – Embody a positive, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented attitude in everything we do; challenge the status quo, inspire and support one another to achieve our best; have our eyes on the future and believe we can make a meaningful impact
· Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, listen, and respectfully value multiple perspectives; we do what we say and are accountable for everything we do; we do the right thing, always. Even when it isn’t easy
· Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and expectations; we live our values and truths and persevere through challenges; we are continuous learners and adapt and pivot with speed to meet changing needs
· Inclusion – We seek to represent, include, empower and level the playing field; our work reflects the communities we serve and the world in which we live; we leverage our platforms to bring awareness to issues relevant to who we are
· Co-Creation – We are authors of a shared story. Everyone contributes their unique voice to our shared mission; we share pride in our accomplishments and ownership of our shortcomings
· Boldness – We embrace creativity, courage and outside-the-box thinking; we are unafraid to take risks, explore unconventional solutions, and learn from the process; we are innovators, disruptors, and challengers of the status quo
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
- The Director of FP&A is responsible for directing the organization’s financial processes that support planning, reporting and compliance
- Support development of LA 2028’s (and any related subsidiary organizations) strategic business plans through the creation of scenario analysis reports to help enable swift decision making
- Build an in-depth understanding of all lines of business and analyze key drivers for each, to be able to identify efficiencies and provide recommendations to improve results – either enhanced revenues or cost savings – across departments (Sponsorships, Ticketing, Consumer Products, back of house departments, etc.)
- This role will manage both routine and advanced finance processes, including but not limited to; budgeting & cash flow management, enhancing management predictive reporting tools leveraging technology and best-practice workflow design, and supporting negotiations with key partners
- The Director of FP&A will work closely with all executives to support the long-term strategic planning process and an ongoing annual budget and financial plan, while emphasizing the values of integrity, excellence, optimism, collaboration, and inclusion in all forms
While not intended to be all-inclusive, below is a general summary of responsibilities and requirements of this role.
- Build a team within the finance function to manage cash forecasting, cash management, operational budgeting, and financial reporting to achieve fulfillment of the objectives and financial goals for the areas of the organization within your team’s scope
- Build complex and dynamic financial models for the various lines of business (e.g. Ticketing and Pricing Models, Sponsorship P&Ls, Merchandise Sales Category tracking, Youth Sports Initiative KPI reporting, and various others) to support frequent business plan updates and analysis for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Work extremely closely with Commercial leads to support potential partnerships via, cash flow modeling, value in kind valuation, and ongoing KPI reporting
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities
- Support processes for long-term strategic plan, financial forecasting, budgets, and reporting to LA 2028 and any related subsidiary organizations
- Work closely with Procurement, Accounting, Games Operations and other groups under Finance and Accounting to help implement strategy across the function and the impact to the enterprise
- Optimize our portfolio of tools/systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the executive team and recommend actionable improvements to ensure the integrity of the company's financial information, systems, operations and strategies
- Identify opportunities for process improvement on a continual basis
- Proven experience as a Director of FP&A with excellent references
- 10+ years of FP&A experience with strong administrative skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics or related work experience, MBA nice to have
- Experience in non-profit financial reporting preferred
- Expertise in finance best practices and ability to explain fundamentals to individuals at all levels within the organization
- Hands-on experience with creating and modeling financial statements
- Analytical skills including financial modeling, forecasting, and budgeting
- Experience with Adaptive Planning solution
- Experience with large scale ERP systems preferred
- Must possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Must have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation, training and troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and handle and manage multiple workloads, priorities, and deadlines with efficiency
- Possess personal drive to start a project and see it through to completion
- Work with key stakeholders in the strategic planning process and provide appropriate and timely reporting of results
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with individuals at all levels in the organization and strong relationship building abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to non-technical people
- Working hours on-call availability and able to respond remotely from any location
LA28 is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience.