The Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, California in 2028, returning to the United States for the first time in over 30 years. 2028 will be the first time LA hosts the Paralympic Games, creating an opportunity to expand awareness, understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities.
LA28, the organizers for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, is on a mission to create an unparalleled Games experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people. Our vision is to collectively create what’s next through sport, community and the power of our differences.
The LA28 Games will represent LA and leverage the strength of our community’s diversity and creativity as we collectively work to design a Games that we all want to be a part of. We do this by focusing on people and by inviting everyone into the story of the LA28 Games.
The LA28 organizing committee is an independent, non-profit organization that is privately funded and governed by a board of directors.
Our Vision is to collectively create what’s next by harnessing sport, community and the power of our differences. Our Mission is to create an unparalleled Olympic and Paralympic experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people.
Values and Behaviors:
- Optimism – Embody a positive, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented attitude in everything we do; challenge the status quo, inspire and support one another to achieve our best; have our eyes on the future and believe we can make a meaningful impact
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, listen, and respectfully value multiple perspectives; we do what we say and are accountable for everything we do; we do the right thing, always. Even when it isn’t easy
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and expectations; we live our values and truths and persevere through challenges; we are continuous learners and adapt and pivot with speed to meet changing needs
- Inclusion – We seek to represent, include, empower and level the playing field; our work reflects the communities we serve and the world in which we live; we leverage our platforms to bring awareness to issues relevant to who we are
- Co-Creation – We are authors of a shared story. Everyone contributes their unique voice to our shared mission; we share pride in our accomplishments and ownership of our shortcomings
- Boldness – We embrace creativity, courage and outside-the-box thinking; we are unafraid to take risks, explore unconventional solutions, and learn from the process; we are innovators, disruptors, and challengers of the status quo
Venue Project Manager (Competition Venues)
The Games Planning & Delivery (GPD) group aims to deliver the most seamless, innovative, and engaging Games experience ever for all athletes, fans, partners, and the community. The Games Planning & Delivery team is organized in four key areas: Venue Management, Venue Infrastructure, Revenue & Commercial, and Games Operations.
The Venue Project Manager (Competition Venues) will sit within the Venue Management team, whose functional mission is to engage, integrate, and collaborate with delivery partners, internal LA28 functions, vendors, and other key stakeholders to plan and operate the Olympic and Paralympic Games across all venues. The Venue Management team leads the planning and execution of Delivery Strategy, Venue Use Agreements (VUA), Venue Operations Planning, Venue Management, Event Services, and Village Management.
The Venue Project Manager (Competition Venues) will act as a day-to-day point of contact and project manager for an identified group of LA28 competition venues. This role will be responsible for leading project management efforts across their specific group of venues, conducting venue related analysis, supporting senior management and their ongoing discussions with such venues, and leading internal & external back-end management across those venue engagements.
The ideal candidate will have strong project management skills and will be detail oriented, with a primary focus on keeping tasks and projects organized and delivered efficiently. Analytical skills and familiarity with dashboards and other reporting mediums will be paramount to success. Adept at managing multiple concurrent projects and coordinating across complex organizations, they will ensure venue partner milestones are met, venue and legal issues are effectively and efficiently resolved, and communication with venues is consistent and direct. Relevant experience working within the sports and entertainment industry, or the professional services industry, is desirable but not compulsory.
This position will report to the Director, Delivery Partners.
- Lead project management efforts across multiple venue partners;
- Support contract process with venue partners through agreement reviews, issue identification and management, and solution implementation;
- Manage and maintain VUA issues tracker, follow up on open matters, collate comments, and route agreements internally;
- Conduct, and report, analysis on venue partner capabilities and operations;
- Create and circulate reports on venue partner engagements and agreement status;
- Develop an understanding of the IOC and IPC operational requirements for the VUA and venue delivery;
- Establish relationships with venue owners, operators, and event stakeholders;
- Plan site visits for internal and external stakeholders with venue partners;
- Coordinate venue related meetings, including preparation of meeting materials, collation of meeting notes, and identification of action items;
- Coordinate engagement of internal functional areas within venue partner discussions, including scheduling of meetings and routing of materials;
- Track key dates, milestones, and deliverables across venue partner group;
- Assist with venue partner budget development, including business material analysis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 6 years of project management experience within sports and entertainment or the professional services industry.
- Experience in project management and related software / platforms
- Experience reviewing, assessing, and editing contracts
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Experience partnering with BIPOC and underserved communities to foster conducive community relations and successful event execution. Experience fostering positive venue-community relationships is a plus, but not required
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to identify issues, analyze problems, and develop solutions-based approaches
- Experience working within a complex, cross-functional organization
- Ability to handle pressure with a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in using project management application(s) and Salesforce a plus
- Cover Letter
The annual base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $105,000. The pay scale provided is the range that LA28 reasonably expects to pay as starting base compensation for this role. All LA28 compensation remains subject to final determination based on individual candidate qualifications, experience, or other reasonable criteria consistent with LA28’s operational business needs and applicable law.
LA28 is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We strive to build a team that is diverse, inclusive and encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply. We assess applications based on relevant skills, education, and experience a candidate can add to our team.