As a Non-Injury Claims Adjuster, you will be responsible for getting educators back to normal after a loss. You will be supported by a Non-Injury Manager, our Claims Leadership Team, Claims Training and Operation staff. You will be the main point of contact for claims involving first party and third party auto insurance claims. You will negotiate settlements with both attorney represented claimants as well as unrepresented claimants. You will investigate coverage, determine liability, and settle claims for our educators while delivering elite customer service and adhering to our best practices. **Job can be performed remotely but would prefer someone in pacific time zone***
Salary Range - $41,400 - $55,000
- Investigates two vehicle and intersection accidents
- Determines liability based on state law.
- Determines proper channel for physical damage review and makes consistent appropriate assignments
- Refer subrogation assignments.
- Successful completion of the claims representative trainee program experience as trainee (generally 6-12 months) and maintains required level of technical performance
- Maintains State required Adjuster license
- Verify coverage, investigate liability and/or scope of damage
- Evaluates the claim to determine claim value, negotiate settlement and moves to settle claims while adhering to company best claim practices.
- Obtain and maintain state mandated adjuster licenses
- Proficiency with/and ability to understand and follow regulations for State jurisdictions.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced customer focused environment, while effectively utilizing telephony and claims operating system
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Service Focus
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from NYC.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice