Direct and execute product development projects, managing large, complex, and cross-functional initiatives. Assists in the coordination of all activities related to the development of potentially profitable products, determines criteria used in screening product ideas, and prepares complete proposals for senior management action.
- Develops strategies to remain competitive by monitoring sales patterns and understanding—with a high level of expertise the competitive environment.
- Drives effective and profitable design, marketing, management, and integration of new and enhanced product offerings.
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to influence change. Effective presentation skills to small and large groups.
- Proven ability to manage and deliver complex, multidimensional projects
- Strong aptitude for conceptualizing, communicating new concepts while also being able to take an analytical, quantitative, and data-driven approach to decision making, problem solving, and strategic development.
- Strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines.
- Self-starter with the energy, motivation and resilience necessary to be effective under pressure; Adaptable and a good team player.
- Responsible for implementing the product development strategy and leading the comprehensive management of the S&G product lines, which may be marketed on individual and/or group platforms throughout the product life cycle.
- Coordinate with various internal departments, external partners, and senior management to ensure product line strategy is aligned with distribution strategy, market needs, growth opportunities, profitability targets, and risk thresholds.
- Formulate, prepare, and oversee the implementation of product and marketing strategies.
- Develop new products and enhance existing products to meet sales growth, profitability, and persistency objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring the S&G product line is competitive and meets future marketplace demands.
- Directs marketing strategies to increase product sales across all distribution channels and market segments.
- Initiates and performs field and market research, using data to identify product trends and deliver product and process recommendations to management.
- Influences decisions for competitive pricing, compensation, and service strategies to meet product objectives.
- Leads S&G product line inforce reviews, evaluates the effectiveness of product performance, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Participates in product portfolio positioning, presentation, education, and training; works with marketing programs to develop product campaigns with an emphasis on market segmentation and channel strategy.
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA a plus. 3-5 years of related professional experience strongly preferred
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice