The Manager Retirement Plan Administration will supervise and manage departmental employees and functions to provide quality customer service and provide and improve the Quality Assurance, Compliance processes, Systematic entities and Communication process as it relates to Plan Administration and Document teams. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring training and development of immediate team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and maintains workflows, call tickets, and compliance deadlines as it relates to Plan Administration and Documents.
- Ability to complete Forms 5500s, compliance tests for Defined Contribution plans.
- Coordinate with Director of Operations to establish departmental procedures.
- Coordinate and manage work provided to outside Actuary for completion on retirement plans.
- Keep current with the skills to improve employee development by enrolling in courses and other related seminars.
- Manage and revise workflow processes to ensure accuracy/timeliness of production compliance and document work.
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective problem resolutions to clients, and internal departments.
- Manage direct reports to ensure compliance work, tax filing forms and document creations are being provided on a timely basis to clients.
- Provide weekly/monthly operational reports on work status involving Plan Administration and Documents.
- Compose correspondence in regards to elevated issues from clients.
- Maintain a training program and schedule.
- Monitor efficiency and productivity of compliance, tax reporting and documents on a weekly basis.
- Resolves employee grievances and submits personnel issues to Human Resources for action if necessary.
- Handling of special projects, tasks and requests as needed.
- Retirement Plan Administrators
- Retirement Plan Team Leader
- Document Specialist
- 2 to 4 years supervision of a Retirement Plan Administration team or related financial field.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of Defined Benefits plan is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate departmental status information to direct reports, peers and upper management.
- Preferred ASPPA (American Society of Pension Professional & Actuaries) Credentials
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice