GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Partner Focus Area in Lisbon!
At the LevelUp team, when it comes to technical challenges, our team works to provide highly scalable solutions, handling large volumes of data and focusing on high availability. You’re going to have the opportunity to help drive architecture decisions that impact our microservices ecosystem and you will have opportunities to develop both leadership and technical skills, depending on your career aspirations and abilities.
As a member of the Team you will:
- Build scalable, maintainable architectures, and write clean and readable code;
- Ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our services.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and stability.
- Build Integration with 3rd party API and tools.
- Bring expertise in architecture and design process.
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands.
- Create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows.
- Exert technically influence over other engineers, by sharing his experience and knowledge
- Define the architecture and participated actively in the development of a migration from a monolithic service in Ruby to a new microservices ecosystem JVM based (Kotlin/Scala) and Go lang.
WHO YOU ARE
- An engineer with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experienced in architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications;
- Experienced in designing and developing complex modern web applications;
- Experienced in Cloud-based architectures (AWS / GCP);
- Experienced in developing RESTful web services collaborating with front-end teams to create mocks, define payloads and follow the HTTP best practices;
- Experienced in applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis;
- Experienced in working with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- You're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, engaged, and improving their skills;
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Kotlin/Java/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.). Kotlin and Ruby will be considered a plus;
- Communication skills to work with multidisciplinary teams located in several countries with different cultures;
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
Gympass discount: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more.
Flexible work: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
Paid time off: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
(For Germany: change sentence to 30 days)
Parental leave: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
Career growth: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
Culture: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.