Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
Are you a Tech Lead looking to join our Technology and Product team in Brazil? If you don’t see the right job for you… You can apply to this Talent Pool! By submitting your application here, you will open the door to a potential future career with us.
Gympass continues to grow, and we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who love technology. If your skills and experience align with one of our future opportunities, a recruiter will reach out to you! In the meantime, we recommend you to continue browsing our available positions and submitting applications for any other relevant openings that align with your interests.
As a Tech Lead you will be responsible for overseeing a team of software engineers ensuring the pace and quality of its technical deliveries. You must be seen as a technical reference by your team and should expect to code some key features, perform pull requests reviews, and actively take part in all the architectural decisions of the squad. You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager in order to evaluate the feasibility of tasks, choose the best strategy for assigning and splitting user stories and prioritize engineering issues and technical debts. You need to make sure that agile ceremonies are running effectively and watch out for any process bottlenecks.
In addition, you're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating, and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, recognized, engaged, and that they keep improving their technical skills over time. You should assess their performance regularly and draw the best plan for their career. In short, you are accountable for what the squad delivers in both quality and quantity aspects. The squad outcome is your outcome.
- Participate in the development of some of the most critical and challenging services in our ecosystem, seeking to build long-term and sustainable solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Develop, often in pair programming, parts of the system (expected around 50%)
- Account for systems reliability, scalability, SLA and SLO.
- Manage technical debts and engineering backlog.
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process and is laser-focused on productivity;
- Take part in incident resolution and troubleshooting in production.
- Maintain the project technical vision up to date and complete for everyone;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
WHO YOU ARE
- An engineer with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experienced in managing and mentoring multiple multidisciplinary teams of software engineers;
- Experienced in architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications;
- Experienced in designing and developing complex modern web applications;
- Experienced in Cloud-based architectures (AWS / GCP);
- Experienced in developing RESTful web services collaborating with front-end teams to create mocks, define payloads and follow the HTTP best practices;
- Experienced in applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis;
- Experience dealing with event-driven architectures and message brokers such as RabbitMQ, KAFKA , ActiveMQ, etc and a in depth understanding of their use cases and pitfalls
- Versed in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Design Patterns distributed systems and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice
- Experienced in working with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- You're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, engaged, and improving their skills;
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Java/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.). Golang will be considered a plus;
- Communication skills to work with multidisciplinary teams located in several countries with different cultures;
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.