GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Back End Software Engineer to join our Technology and Product Team in Portugal!
- Build scalable, maintainable architectures, and to write clean and readable code;
- Responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools;
- Leading team's engineering and work with other engineers within the team and across teams to define our technical roadmap;
- Ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our services;
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability and stability;
- Bring expertise in architecture and design process, dive into the most complex technical problems;
- Build integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Contribute to the entire product development process and brain-storm different ideas.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience;
- Consolidated experience designing and developing complex modern web applications;
- Experience applying object-oriented or functional design and RESTful web services;
- Experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis;
- Experience with at least two programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Scala, Ruby, Python or Go;
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;
- Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments;
- Experience with SQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written English and Portuguese;
- Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications;
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and multiple cloud platforms;
- Knowledge of computer networking;
- Scientific research on Information Retrieval and / or Machine Learning;
- Experience working with the following:
- Experience with NoSQL technology such as DynamoDB;
- Cloud-based architectures (AWS / GCP);
- Mobile application development (Android or / and iOS, React Native, Flutter);
- Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Named Entity Extraction;
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health and dental insurance.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.