Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Tech Lead to our DOTS (Digital Operation Technology Systems) team in Brazil!
At DOTS, we are developing scalable solutions that make Gympassers more productive, assuring user-friendly, data-driven, and confident products, for efficient and measurable work of the business areas.
We divide DOTS PD team internally in 4 Product Domains responsible for changing the company vision into an experience centric one using different approaches.
You will help us to build products in one of these domains, named by us Self Support. This team is responsible for planning, building and maintaining products that help external customers to solve their issues with Gympass products by themselves through a HelpCenter with FAQs and an advanced Article Search, plus a WebChat widget placed on our Conversational Support Channels Platform where we are aiming to plug a Chat Bot.
We are looking for a team member to help us evolve and maintain our products, improve our delivery processes, adopt new technologies, and find new ways to empower Gympassers to do their work in an efficient and measurable way.
You will be able to empower Gympass' consumers to solve their own problems anytime, anywhere, by themselves with well designed products like Gympass Help Center, Gympass Community, WebChat and Chatbot, built through integrations between internal and 3rd party softwares recognized as the most refined solutions in the market.
- Lead critical projects, from the architectural design to implementation;
- Plan capacity of your team to handle the product roadmap;
- Attack code complexity avoiding its growth, keeping everything as simple as possible;
- Write and deliver code that enhances overall company quality standards;
- Plan and successfully deliver cross areas projects;
- Avoid the execution of all-in projects, being able to break it down in smaller viable launches;
- Pragmatic on execution, consistently doing launches without damaging production;
- Recommend new technologies (including 3rd party services and softwares) to improve outcome and productivity;
- Propose solution options to the problems presented by stakeholders and the product manager;
- Provide estimates on efforts and risks, evaluating technical feasibility on cross-functional high impact projects;
- Execute waves of architectural changes in the focus area to improve outcome, efficiency and to reduce costs for product improvements;
- Help establish a roadmap and long term vision in partnership with PMs and PDs;
- Contribute with work and projects to help establish company wide best practices;
- Providing visibility around the challenges and solutions created to solve problems;
WHO YOU ARE
- You are familiar with backend stacks like Golang, Kotlin + Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes and RDS or NoSQL Databases. Golang will be considered a plus;
- You are also familiar with frontend stacks like ReactJS, Typescript and BFFs over Node.js (Desirable)
- You have experience in developing APIs RESTful web services collaborating with other teams and proficient in automated testing;
- You have experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, async programming and complexity analysis;
- You seek to have the highest quality in your products, considering user experience as well as systems' cost, maintainability, availability and resilience
- You value facts and data when you make decisions
- You have passion for product development;
- You have experience designing and developing complex modern services applications and working with modern agile product development teams;
- You help your team to collaborate within and with other teams;
- You have strong communication skills, including async ones;
- You are capable of clearly articulate ideas when communicate to groups in English;
- You show empathy and respect in every sentence you speak;
- Communicate and clarify your team work, internally to the engineers and externally to other teams and areas;
- You create bridges with other teams and key stakeholders, being able to loop the right people to acquire data and knowledge to take decisions;
- You can balance very well your responsibilities and your well being, and advise our team to do the same;
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass… Follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.