GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Tech Lead for our Partners team in São Paulo!
As a Tech Lead you will be responsible for overseeing a team of software engineers ensuring the pace and quality of its technical deliveries. You must be seen as a technical reference by your team and should expect to code some key features, perform pull requests reviews, and actively take part in all the architectural decisions of the squad.
You will collaborate closely with the Product Manager in order to evaluate the feasibility of tasks, choose the best strategy for assigning and splitting user stories and prioritize engineering issues and technical debts. You need to make sure that agile ceremonies are running effectively and watch out for any process bottlenecks.
It is also expected for you to have a sharp strategic mindset questioning the product team and stakeholders about the scope and timing of features balancing the complexity and the cost of opportunity of deliveries while fostering a culture of innovation at your teams.
In addition, you're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating, and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, recognized, engaged, and that they keep improving their technical skills over time. You should assess their performance regularly and draw the best plan for their career.
In short, you are accountable for what the squad delivers in both quality and quantity aspects.
The squad outcome is your outcome.
WHO YOU ARE
You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty. You are a very technical professional with a passion for software and product development.
You are accountable for your decisions and possess a high level of ownership over the products you are delivering. You feel frustrated when things go wrong and take proactive actions to prevent the next failure to happen.
You are a data driven person, who asks for data to support product decisions before blindly implementing things.; you try to simplify the scope of what you are developing constantly.
You are bold and innovative.
You are eager to learn and to share knowledge and to continuously improve your toolset of technical, business and communication skills in order to provide more and more impact to the company.
- Define overall architecture of systems, in collaboration with the team, making sure design docs are up to date
- Develop, often in pair programming, parts of the system (expected around 50%)
- Account for systems reliability, scalability, SLA and SLO.
- Manage technical debts and engineering backlog.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability and stability.
- Ensure a high bar on code quality standards, making sure devs are proud of their work
- Take part on incident resolution and troubleshooting in production
- Spread development best practices such as code reviews, pair programming, tdd, etc
- Manage a multidisciplinary engineering squad (backs and fronts) performing activities such as conducting one on ones, generating individual development plans, motivating and coaching team members
- Run agile ceremonies, in collaboration with a product manager, making sure the best delivery strategy is chosen
- 5+ years of experience working with modern agile product development teams of engineers, product managers and designers.
- 5+ years of Experience with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, Redis, understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- 2+ years experience in managing or technically leading a software engineering team.
- 1+ years of Experience dealing with event-driven architectures and message brokers such as RabbitMQ, KAFKA , ActiveMQ, etc and a in depth understanding of their use cases and pitfalls
- Versed in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Design Patterns distributed systems and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice environment.
- Experienced in implementing prototypes and in practices and concepts such as MVP, A/B testing and feature toggles for rolling-out features to production.
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and project management skills.
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
- Experience with ReactJS, GraphQL (Client-side and Server-side), Design system, Typescript, and UX patterns will be considered a plus;
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance health.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.