GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We’re looking for a talented Mid Level Front End Software Engineer to join our Technology and Product Team in Portugal!
- Ensure successful delivery of projects, and promote the long-term technical health of our services;
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability and stability;
- Partner with product and design to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences that will delight customers and set a high bar for all web applications;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience designing and developing high scalable services applications;
- Experience working with modern agile product development teams of engineers, product managers and designers;
- Experience with ReactJS ecosystem (candidates with proper knowledge in Angular or Vue will be also considered);
- Experienced in implementing prototypes and in practices and concepts such as MVP, A/B testing and feature toggles for rolling-out features to production;
- Proficient in a broad range of common UX patterns;
- Good understanding of how a browser works behind the scenes;
- Experience in integrating with RESTful web services collaborating with back end teams to create mocks, define payloads and http status of APIS;
- Experience with automated, unit and behavioral testing of react components;
- Strong English communication skills.
Plus if experienced with Next.Js, NestJS, GraphQL and Typescript.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health and dental insurance.
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.