The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
The Procurement function has a global remit and is part of the Global Finance team; it has responsibility for providing a clear and transparent approach to procurement processes, whilst ensuring integrity and fairness, clear responsibility for Supplier selection, negotiation, contract & performance management.
The FT has recently implemented a new Procurement system; Coupa. This brings a wealth of new opportunities for the Procurement team from increased and upfront visibility of spend across the whole FT group, through to engagement with new business areas and providing the team with industry leading tools and data to drive performance and decision making.
Based in London at the corporate headquarters, this role is part of a small Procurement team.
You will have previous experience working in a centralised Procurement team ideally working on non technology related spend.
What you will be responsible for
- Under the direction of a senior member of the Procurement team, supporting procurement projects for specific business areas outside of technology: to include assisting in the development of sourcing strategies, support with running RFP processes and helping to evaluate responses including analysis and then create and execute successful negotiation plans.
- Helping to ensure that sourcing options all take into account the total cost of ownership and suggesting ways of reducing the Total Cost of Ownership
- Supporting with contract renewals within key category areas and actively looking to negotiate improved commercial terms and whenever possible to reduce exposure to RPI / CPI risks
- Under supervision, provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders on all procurement related activities
- Using Coupa in line with the departmental guidelines for supplier onboarding, contracting, contract renewals and terminations and to be able to sign post suppliers and stakeholders in relation to any help or support needed to access and use Coupa.
- To provide cover in terms of Coupa administration support when the Procurement Coordinator is on leave.
- An understanding of the key business areas and bringing latest industry knowledge and insights which are valued by the business stakeholders and which feed into sourcing strategies
- Ensuring all savings are correctly validated & recorded with both finance and stakeholders in a timely manner
- Supporting with the development and implementation of supplier management plans within key categories
- Supporting with the creation and delivery of category plans within key spend areas
- Reporting and keeping up to date on procurement team activities, including savings and benefits achieved, to the Procurement Director and stakeholders.
- Supporting with market research on current best practices and future market trends for key categories
- Inputting as required to help develop procurement strategies, policies, procedures and associated information management
- Sharing information and lessons learned across the Procurement team
Key Competencies to be demonstrated in this role
Confident to communicate with key stakeholders
Attention to detail
Responds to requests in a timely and appropriate manner.
Positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with others
Personable and approachable with the business
Proactively provides updates to stakeholders
Adapts communication in line with stakeholder needs
Willingness to learn about the industry and key business areas & spend categories
Accountability & Leadership:
Organized and highly motivated self starter who can take direction and execute tasks
Ability to own some projects with the guidance of a senior member of the procurement team
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help.