WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite. As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, making APIs in a new programming language and helping build a broader gameplay framework and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will
- Architect gameplay systems and implement robust, stable, and usable APIs for internal and external game developers
- Collaborate closely with engineers across multiple teams to help develop solutions that can meet their needs
- Proactively reaching out to gather and respond to critical feedback from other developers
- Experiment and research new solutions with engineers and game designers while using rapid prototyping to ensure that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features and tools
- Supporting technical excellence on multiple platforms and optimize/fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
What we're looking for
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and associated tools
- Experience with multiple programming languages and a proven track record of leveraging the strengths of a language while avoiding its pitfalls
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience writing performant code that runs on multiple different hardware platforms, especially game consoles
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work with team members to help define deliverables
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.