WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Unreal Engine QA team, you’ll be working on an exciting new project and collaborate closely with our game teams. You will work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases. You will develop and implement automation test strategies and utilize technical tooling to expand breadth and add depth to QA coverage of multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will facilitate functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts while using a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze and report on quality.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers, and QA Management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming and existing features.
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover assigned features and help define acceptance criteria in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the creation and execution of technical testing scenarios while coordinating automated, functional, qualitative, and performance test efforts.
- Design, develop and maintain automated tests while identifying product and automation framework requirements needed to improve the ability to create enhanced automation coverage.
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues.
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment with the ability to switch between multiple projects.
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development.
- Experience running, designing and maintaining automated tests within one or more established automation frameworks.
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results.
- Experience creating test plans in accordance to design requirements/expectations.
- Experience testing across multiple platforms such as PC, Mac, Mobile, and Consoles.
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and apply new concepts, techniques, and procedures in a fast paced environment.
- Technical experience with one or more game engines (Unreal Engine preferred).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.