WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Epic Games Global Public Policy team helps build relationships with policymakers, trade groups, and advocates at the local, national and regional levels. They identify, monitor, analyze, and prioritize policy trends, legislative proposals, and industry issues important to Epic. The Public Policy team resides within Epic’s Communications function and closely partners legal, product and executive teams to develop the company’s policy positions and strategy.
What You'll Do
Epic seeks to create an engaging and safe environment for all our players. We’re looking for a Public Policy Director to identify opportunities and challenges across the global policy landscape to promote trust and safety across Epic’s products and services. The Director will work with governments, elected officials and civil society groups to advance laws, regulations, and other policy norms that enable Epic to support creator and developer communities around the world while creating fun and inclusive experiences for people.
In this role, you will
- Establish and maintain relationships with policymakers and stakeholders on behalf of Epic Games.
- Monitor global policy trends and actions in areas such as content moderation, child online safety, and data protection and share details and recommendations back with Epic teams.
- Organize briefing strategies with policy stakeholders and represent Epic in the room with a broad range of audiences.
- Develop external narratives and talking points, and run programs that support our policy efforts.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in law, policy, or other relevant discipline preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in a public policy role.
- Experience and understanding of policy issues in content moderation and consumer protection, including age appropriate design, child online privacy and protection. US, EU and/or UK experience preferred.
- Experience working within governments, think tanks, public interest groups, industry trade groups and/or relevant corporations.
- Track record of successful execution; ability to help develop and implement programs and processes.
- Forward thinking and strategic approach to global legislative, regulatory and public policy issues.
- A thoughtful team player who can collaborate cross-functionally to understand business goals, and identify global legislative and regulatory opportunities and risks.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.