WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
You are a QA expert and a leader who thrives and excels at delivering results at-scale. Your vision and hands-on approach will continually maintain a high-quality, “testable software” mentality at Epic Games. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about upstream technical testing while developing tools, automation, and capacity engineering to raise the quality bar while advancing your technical capabilities and knowledge. Your primary role will be to provide support related to QA best practices, risk analysis, test execution, build health, environment management, and test automation.
In this role, you will
- Supervise and mentor Software QA Analysts and Engineers in day-to-day responsibilities, including debugging, logging, and communicating with the engineering team.
- Provide constructive guidance to QA analysts, engineers, and testers to improve their work performance and career growth.
- Develop and execute a QA plan that solves the week-to-week testing requirements and expectations at a team level.
- Collaborate with engineering team members, QA Engineers, and SDETs to help design and implement automation test framework and test tools.
- Apply risk-based testing approach to guide team on sprint deliveries and releases.
- Gather stakeholder requirements and establish a test reporting strategy for multiple component areas of a product such as issue trends and bug reports for escalation.
What we're looking for
- A software QA expert with experience bringing a multi-interface service or application to market.
- Minimum of 5 years of QA and minimum 2 years of leadership experience with medium to large test teams.
- Capable of analyzing code development through quality reflection.
- A lead with experience on instituting test management processes, methods, and tools supporting functional and non-functional test automation, load and performance, volume, and stress testing.
- A lead with experience on test automation design and implementation.
- A hands-on lead with background and experience working in an engineering environment.
- A good mentor and a guide to our Senior and Junior QA staff.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.