WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic's multi-specialized team of attorneys and legal professionals, partner across our organization to provide legal solutions, as well as, consult and inform on the products we build and games we develop.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will provide highly practical, commercially savvy, and effective legal counsel and support to manage employment and labor law risks across multiple entities across Epic Games’ Americas footprint, which currently includes the United States, Canada, and parts of Latin America. You will act as the primary Legal contact for multiple external counsel and People Team Partners in the region.
In this role, you will
- Learn and monitor the employment and labor and contingent workforce legal landscapes across the region; Be proactive to provide timely updates to the People Team concerning relevant legal developments and changes within the region; Provide sophisticated counsel and training on regional employment legal matters and strategy to People Team partners within the region and, occasionally, to Epic senior leadership and management;
- Leverage your prior experience and expertise to strategically advise on a wide range of People Team activities and initiatives such as employee relations matters and employment investigations, labor-management relations, disciplinary actions and separations, organizational changes, employment contract issues and reviews, compensation and benefits offerings, leaves and leave administration, wage and hour compliance, and best practices and process improvement;
- Partner Actively and continuously look for, identify, and execute on ways to proactively manage and reduce employment risk across the organization, including partnering with key People Team, corporate functions, and business stakeholders to propose, develop, publish, implement, and regularly review employment policie and procedures;
- Work closely with litigation counsel within Epic Legal and outside counsel to manage litigation risk, respond to pre-litigation demands, and defend the company against employment claims in judicial, administrative, and alternative dispute resolution forums;
- Partner with Corporate Legal, Corporate Development, and People Team M&A integration teams to provide employment law expertise and support for M&A transactions and integrations;
What we’re looking for
- Be actively licensed in good standing to practice law in one or more US states or Canadian provinces (mandatory), with a preference for lawyers actively licensed in good standing in California (preferred);
- Have at least 5-7 years’ experience in one or a combination of: law firm employment and labor law practice and/or in-house counsel experience in the United States or Canada primarily providing state-specific, national, and multijurisdictional employment and labor law counsel;
- Be able to report to your assigned Epic office as needed and to travel occasionally for work.
- Experience working in a sophisticated, fast-paced, fast-changing working environment;
- Experience advising businesses in a wide array of employment and labor matters and disputes;
- Confidence in being a first point of contact for multiple People Team Partners, corporate functions partners, and key business stakeholders;
- Excellent negotiation skills and resilience in handling pushback from the business;
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.