WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal Engine’s BD team helps customers across verticals maximize their adoption of Unreal Engine and related products towards a robust and vibrant Metaverse.
What You'll Do
This role will strategically develop business with key Games accounts by maximizing the value of UE for partners on existing projects and driving further adoption of UE (and other Epic tools and services) across those key accounts. The essence of this job is to make UE and partnership with Epic invaluable to the world’s best game developers and publishers. The BDM will serve as the glue that connects partner needs to UE’s capabilities and to Epic Games as a whole.
BDMs don’t provide reactive support and their involvement with key accounts is not transactional. They are engaged in an ongoing manner and proactively work with UE licensees to deeply understand the unique needs of their projects and strategically gain line of sight to future needs/projects (including sister studios within parent organizations). SBDMs materially improve the finished product by marrying their knowledge of customer needs with their insight into features/roadmap of UE (and other Epic tools and services). They assure that partners are maximizing their use of UE, even in ways and on projects they might not have previously considered.
Given that this is a new discipline, the BDM will have to thrive with ambiguity, excel at creating new processes that fit into existing frameworks, and then be able to scale those new processes across a broader set of accounts. Ideally, the BDM will also have the potential to manage a team of BDMs should the need arise to further resource this discipline.
In This Role You Will
- Be the voice of Epic with major partners and key accounts
- Maximize value of UE to key accounts by marrying partner needs to UE/Epic capabilities
- Be the subject matter expert on some of Epic’s biggest partners: gather critical intelligence and report internally on partner needs, dev cycles, network of sister studios, tech decision process, concerns etc.
- Determine relationship plan, drive ongoing efforts to educate, train and keep key accounts up to date with everything UE and Epic as a whole
- Drive internal key account review process
- Strategically identify and maximize opportunities to drive further adoption of UE within key accounts
- Serve as voice of key accounts internally to support, engine team, and UE execs
- Serve as key bridge between (i) key accounts and Epic, (ii) BD and Support
What We're Looking For
- Prior experience with all categories of game developers; from AAA and AA to Indie and Mobile.
- Experience in a sales or business development capacity working with the game developer community in the Americas
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, self starter capable of working at a high level in a team or on their own
- Management experience within high growth organizations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with a variety of positions and functions within and outside the organization
- Intimate knowledge of the games community in the Americas
- Strong connections in the games community
- Experience negotiating with international organizations
- Proficiency in any other languages is a plus
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Note: This role is open to multiple locations
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.