WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Game Design Director, UGC. You’ll be responsible for directing multiple games within the Fortnite platform. From thinking about how players can experience a wide range of high quality content, to the types of activities they might participate in, to building account equity in the form of persistent gameplay systems. Ideally you’re intimately familiar with other platforms and able to speak authoritatively on their strengths/weaknesses, and use that knowledge to help guide internal development initiatives.
In This Role You Will
- Work teams and design leads to direct design of experiences.
- Hold a high bar of quality and polish to ensure the capability of the tools are up to the challenge of making amazing experiences
- Design and guide development for game features including: inventory systems, account-wide equity (such as collection book content, achievements, and stats).
- Be an advocate for the broad audience of content consumers on the Fortnite platform.
What We're Looking For
- Considerable amount of game design experience.
- Comfortable working with multiple development teams simultaneously
- UI design experience or best practices.
- Familiarity with the wide range of content platforms that exist across multiple mediums (games/TV/film/etc).
Nice To Have Skills
- Some system design experience
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.