WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our LiveOps group is looking for a Senior SRE to help us develop and build tools to improve our effectiveness at responding to business or player impacting issues. Our LiveOps team manages player and user impacting events and/or incidents at Epic as well as protecting our player and user experience through analysis, metrics and monitoring, and tools and processes to improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
What You'll Do
As an SRE in our LiveOps group you will design, develop, and implement tools and systems to enhance our capabilities of incident response as well as detection and mitigation of user or player impacting incidents. We’re looking for folks who are passionate about automating away toil and care deeply about player and user experience. Folks in this role are champions of understanding and being able to manage complex distributed systems and clients.
In this role, you will
- Develop and Ship Tools - You will spend the majority of your project time doing development. This will include building or automating repetitive tasks or building systems or services that help us eliminate problems and reduce toil.
- Understand How Systems Work - As a member of this team you are relentlessly curious and always looking for ways to understand more about how our large scale distributed systems work.
- Participate in 24x7 On Call - Members of our LiveOps team participate in a 24x7 on call shift. Members of this rotation regularly respond and do incident management for critical business or player issues.
What we're looking for
- Experience with executing meaningful change in a fast-paced interrupt driven environment
- Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in an environment where you had to exhibit amazing problem-solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success.
- Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Have the ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company.
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision.
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.