WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
As part of the Developer Experiences team you’ll be an integral part in building services that enable developers to distribute their games on the Epic Games Store (EGS). Our team builds tools and workflows that reduce both time and effort required to get a product on our store by providing self-service tools and workflows as well as internal reviewing tools. The services and tools we build are critical to scaling up the number of products we can bring onto the Epic Games Store and this role will have a direct impact on that outcome.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. You’ll build services to manage data and workflows for developers to self-service distributing their games as well as internal tools and integrations for Epic to interact with these products.
In this role, you will
- Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
- Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
- Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
- Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
- Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
What we're looking for
- 6+ years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
- Proven track record of operating live services
- Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.