WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide-ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you’ll do
As a member of our team you will be responsible for the test preparation, execution, quality evaluation, and risk reporting of a given area of the Unreal Engine, working closely with members of Production and the development team you are embedded on. Embedded on the UE - Console development team, you will ensure the quality of UE-created content on the latest generation consoles.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for existing and upcoming features
- Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
- Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Prior experience testing complex software and developing test plans and test cases
- Technical understanding of Console, Mobile, XR, or other platform technologies, and Desktop platforms and operating systems for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience with platform development and debugging tools like PlayStation Neighborhood, Xbox Manager, Android Studio or Xcode
- Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
Cary, North Carolina
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.