WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a QA Engineering Specialist with the responsibility of guiding quality and contributing to the automation and tool creation a new experience within the Epic Games Ecosystem. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan quality coverage for upcoming and existing features / releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover seasonal content features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Create testing tools as well as investigate and design proposals alongside SDETs and Engineers for automated solutions.
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across gameplay features to analyze quality
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues via whitebox testing and technical understanding
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of software testing experience and 3+ years of coding/scripting knowledge
- Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, iterative development, and data/analytics
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
- Prior experience working with Unreal Engine and designing automated tests
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products through test plans in a fast paced work environment for multiple projects
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). We offer private medical insurance, one fund cash plan, pension, disability and life insurance, transportation and meals.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.