WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Capturing Reality Research Engineering team is looking for a smart, creative Computer Vision PHD Intern with a interest in ML based mesh repair/inpainting to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
As a PhD intern, you will complete a research-and-development project in the field of machine learning and 3D mesh generation. Specifically, you will focus on ML-assisted mesh repair.
In this role, you will be responsible for
- Studying available state-of-the-art methods that tackle the problem at hand, understanding their capabilities and selecting promising candidates for testing
- Gathering relevant datasets
- Running the selected methods, performing qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Periodically presenting your progress and findings
What we're looking for
- MSc in computer science with a focus on machine learning and 3D vision
- Extensive experience with a major Python-based ML framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Knowledge of meshing techniques, e.g., Poisson surface reconstruction
- Ability to build practical, working prototypes
- Visualization expertise, especially in 3D
- 3D computer graphics expertise
- Knowledge of common 3D mesh file formats (OBJ, PLY)
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives and current challenges
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.