WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ART AT EPIC
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for Tech Artists, ranging from entry level to experienced seniors, to join our team working on Fortnite. A successful candidate should have a broad knowledge of art creation for games. They should understand modeling, texturing and animation fundamentals. They should be able to combine geometry, materials, effects and UE4 Blueprints to create complex art. They should be able to work with a large team supporting the more technical aspects of creating art.
In this role, you will
- Create complex materials for characters, weapons and environments
- Establish workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
- Work with engineers and artists to optimize content for many platforms
What we're looking for
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game tech art
- Good understanding of PBR principles and material editors
- Ability to pull many different asset types together to create art for a game
- Experience modeling and using texturing packagers such as Substance Designer and Painter
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire and knowledge of how to push Unreal Engine further
- Desire to work with a team, supporting other content creators such as modelers, texture artists etc.
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- Experience working on multiple platforms
- Scripting experience Blueprint or other
- You’re user-focused
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.