WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Virtual Production Tools Programmer to empower the use of Unreal Engine and real-time technology in filmmaking and broadcast. As a virtual production engineer, you will collaborate with artists and engineers to build tools in Unreal Engine that revolutionize the way movies and TV shows are made.
Unreal Engine is the industry leader in Virtual Production and you will be a part of an amazing team of engineers who are passionate about providing the best-in-class tools and workflows for film, TV, and broadcast.
In This Role You Will
- Scope, design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine.
- Work with product designers and product managers to identify gaps and plan new tools.
- Track down and fix issues in systems and tools.
- Analyze and fix memory and performance issues.
- Support virtual production teams with innovative solutions and solve unique issues.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related.
- Excellent C++ skills with solid software design skills.
- Experience writing tools for artists in broadcast, TV, film or game.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or other game engine technology.
- Experience working with large code bases.
- Familiarity with virtual production and film/TV/broadcast workflows.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues.
- Python language knowledge is a plus.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
Cary, North Carolina
Los Angeles, California
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.