WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We are the Advanced Character Technology team at Epic, the humans behind MetaHuman Creator. We work tirelessly to improve high fidelity characters in Unreal Engine, with a focus on not only pushing the bar but making those technologies accessible to everyone.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Lead Technical Animator to own the vision for rigging and deformations. You’ll help chart a course, working with some of the industry’s best engineers and artists to not only push high-end technologies forward, but democratize their use.
In this role, you will
- Help design and implement new Unreal Engine character technologies related to rigging and deformation.
- Set and maintain the MetaHuman quality bar on new assets from a rigging and deformation standpoint.
- Work with animators to improve the MetaHuman puppet and develop new animation and rigging interfaces and tools.
- Be the advocate working with engineering to ensure new rigging technologies are performant on target hardware.
- Lead rigging efforts across multiple teams.
- Work with Art Producer to set/maintain rigging plan
- Mentor junior rigging-focused technical animators or interns if needed
- Still be able to do hands-on rigging, but should not be the critical path.
What we’re looking for
- AAA game experience shipping great-looking characters
- A good eye and knowledge and understanding of anatomy and deformation..
- Extensive character experience in Maya.
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Experience working on feature development with engineers.
- Good communication skills and experience leading technical teams from the trenches.
- An experienced problem solver.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.