WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ONLINE GAME SERVICES
What We Do
Online Game Services builds and operates the services that are the backbone to the industry-leading experience that Epic Games’ biggest games offer. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
As a DevOps Engineer, you work as a member of the Online Game Services team to design and develop solutions that promote confidence in our ability to create scalable, resilient, and highly available services that are critical to some of Epic Games’ most popular games and products. A successful candidate will help define processes, automation, and standards that allow our team to continue to provide a great experience for our team and our customers.
In this role, you will
- Design and automate operational infrastructure to support backend services that power critical functionality of games such as Fortnite
- Develop automation, tooling, and streamline workflows that improve the developer experience
- Participate in on-call rotation for handling incidents
- Collaborate with teams to drive initiatives around developing and operating scalable solutions
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to promote growth in our team
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years of experience in a DevOps, SRE, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud platforms
- Experience in designing, developing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Proven track record working with containerization technologies, configuration management, and continuous integration/delivery tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, TeamCity, CodeFresh, Jenkins, etc)
- Proven experience of proactively identifying and building solutions that reduce failures, resolve gaps in observability, and promote confidence around service health
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.