WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Online Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Our team builds an SDK that exposes game services for third party game development teams all over the world: Epic Online Services. We currently focus on systems like matchmaking, player inventory, achievements, voice chat, parties, and more.
What You'll Do
As part of the Client SDK team, you’ll work on platform development and supporting player experiences across the many partners’ games that use the EOS SDK. Tasks may include development on systems like matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, and more. If it’s an online game feature, then you will touch it.
In This Role You Will
- Architect features related to the online and social experience
- Contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms (desktop, console, and mobile)
- Work with client and backend teams to develop new systems
- Integrate feedback from external partners to evolve and improve existing features
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of our SDKs across many platforms
What We're Looking For
- A keen, analytical mind with strong problem solving, logic, and math skills
- Previous experience with C++ and C#
- Ability to architect system interfaces and tools
- Experience writing asynchronous systems with some of the logic on both the client and server
- Experience using troubleshooting and debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, etc
- Experience developing games professionally or demonstrable amateur game development experience
When applying, please provide your resume along with code samples, GitHub, or other relevant links.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.