WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING AT EPIC
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! Epic Games is looking for an experienced Lead Physics Gameplay Programmer to join Fortnite's growing Engineering team. In collaboration with our engineering, design and art team, you will play a critical role in evolving Fortnite’s physical playground, whether it be in Battle Royale (UFOs, gravity guns, tornadoes!) or unlocking ever more physics capabilities in Creative mode.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for the overall success of the team
- Mentor and coach a team of gameplay and physics engineers. Making everyone around you better.
- Be a primary hub for communication and information that other disciplines can come to for guidance.
- Play a strong role in improving overall team velocity and build health. Be a force multiplier by way of concrete actions.
- Efficient and timely delivery of core features, and speak up when the team is over or under scoped..
- Distill high-level feature requests into meaningful, actionable work-items, and being able to delegate to the team effectively.
- Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level, and deeper, engineering-specific requirements.
- Propose architecture and lead the vision for the different gameplay physics systems needed to deliver mentioned features
- Able to jump-in and participate in writing code when necessary
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
- Experience leading a team of engineers within a shipped AAA titles
- Experience with simulation or physics systems in a game engine; including tools pipeline, performance optimization, behavior, etc.
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Passion for physics and making physics work in the game world
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Console experience
- Experience working on a live service game is a plus
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games
- Experience working in Unreal 4/5 is a plus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.