WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Epic Games Store Operations team builds resources, processes, tools, and experiences that make the experience of publishing products on the Epic Games Store smooth, easy, and enjoyable. We call the developers and publishers who publish on our store partners and concentrate our energy on forming great partnerships with them.
We own the outcome of a great experience for our partners and drive initiatives with multiple teams (including product development, marketing, business development, accounting, and release management) in support of that goal. We are empowered to make the experience the best it can be for our partners.
What You'll Do
As a Content Moderation Lead on the Epic Games Store, you will be the subject matter expert for moderation of EGS products and storefront. Collaborating with Publishing, Development, Design, Operations, and Epic Trust & Safety teams, you will develop standards and policies, implement processes, tools, and scalability plans in continuous alignment with the EGS vision and roadmap.
In This Role You Will
- Own - Build and maintain EGS content moderation policies and processes, guidelines, runbooks, appeals process, and edge case scenario planning. Manage relationships with Epic Global Moderation team, liaising with internal stakeholders and partners regarding all things related to EGS content moderation.
- Collaborate - Partner with stakeholders such as publishing, developers, community, operations and Epic Global Moderation to ensure continuous alignment with the EGS vision and content moderation best practices. Work closely with Epic Global Moderation team to optimize process and policy for quality, accuracy and efficiency, as well as optimize for global coverage during this time of EGS growth.
- Execute - Be the business owner for the results of EGS content moderation. Work directly with the Epic Global Moderation team to collect data and analytics and make necessary adjustments to provide creators and partners with the best store experience possible, and identify new opportunities to enhance existing organizations, services, processes and policies. Define and maintain appropriate and effective SLA’s alongside high quality reviews.
What We're Looking For
- Experience as a content moderation lead managing globally distributed team of internal resources as well as external resources
- Proven track record for creating and driving improvements and optimizations in teams, services, tools, processes and policies
- Independent, self motivated, collaborative, and able to lead projects from conception to completion
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, in game industry or entertainment industries
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Mentally strong and having a keen emotional intelligence
- Flexibility and the ability to delivery excellence amidst constant change
- Driven to do great work, and leave things better than found
- Passionate about doing the right thing, not afraid to say NO and knowing how to take calculated risks to create maximum impact
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
This Role Can be located in Cary, NC or Seattle, WA
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.