WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to work on Fortnite. A successful candidate should have a broad knowledge of art creation for games. Applicants should understand modeling, texturing and animation fundamentals. They should have a strong understanding of performance limitations of various platforms and have experience working with large teams, establishing budgets, tools and workflows. Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
In this role, you will
- Establish workflows and tools for other artists to utilize when making unique assets.
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized.
- Work with engineers and artists to optimize content for many platforms.
- Evaluate performance and budgets of live game content and direct optimization.
What we're looking for
- Must have a strong background in driving optimization and performance.
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting.
- Desire and knowledge of how to push Unreal Engine further.
- Desire to work with a team, supporting other content creators such as modelers, texture artists, etc.
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline.
- Experience working on multiple platforms.
- Experience building tools and pipelines that other artists utilize.
- Scripting experience in Python, Blueprint or other.
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.