WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Technical UI Design Internship - Fortnite
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
The Fortnite UXUI team is hiring a Technical UI Design Intern to join them in 2022. In this position, you will learn how to help implement UI systems in Unreal engine and UMG, build rapid prototypes, and configure blueprints. You will work with UI Artists, Senior Tech UI Designers, and UI Engineers to ship features to millions of players around the world.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Learn and assist Tech UI Designers in implementing UI features.
- Help translate UI designs into reusable and extendable widget structures and classes.
- Work with UX & UI Art to identify UI implementation needs.
- Work with UX to ensure UI player input is correctly mapped and responsive.
- Learn and assist Tech UI Designers to build blueprints and implement blueprint logic.
- Help debug blueprints/UMG issues and learn to use fault isolation techniques.
- Learn and assist Tech UI Designers to create UI prototypes.
- Assist UI Artists, Senior Tech UI Designers, and UI Engineers with organization & documentation.
- You’ve built some UI projects in game engines (professionally or personally).
- You’re passionate about building UI for games and working in game engines.
- You are a logical problem solver who pays a lot of attention to detail and has excellent written and communication skills.
- You are a proactive, fast learner who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
- Able to collaborate across disciplines ranging from technical to non technical.
- You’re familiar with design programs. Especially Photoshop & Figma.
Bonus Qualifications (but not required):
- 3D-package software knowledge - 3D Studio, Maya, etc, is a plus.
- QA experience.
- C++ experience.
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.