WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
DESIGN AT EPIC
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Technical Game Designer, focusing on sandbox design, to join our team working on Fortnite Creative. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and supporting implementation of building blocks that empower Creators to make interactive experiences within Fortnite's Creative mode.
In this role, you will
- Design new features in a way that maximizes flexibility and creativity for end users while maintaining accessibility and usability
- Oversee and support the implementation process from start to finish, providing design insight, problem solving, testing and polish feedback to the developers implementing the feature to ensure that the shipped feature meets or exceeds the original design goals
- Coordinate with teams throughout Epic and beyond to ensure designer-led features have the necessary support from other disciplines to provide the best possible experience
- Suggest and make development trade-offs to meet development time or performance requirements
- Work directly with players and creators to help refine and develop new designs to meet the needs of the community
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years systems design experience on shipped games
- Strong design thinking, with the ability to design features which are not only flexible and powerful in themselves but also add value to the platform as a whole
- You have a proven ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others to create clear, concise design specs and then see them through to completion
- You have professional experience with visual scripting languages (preferably Blueprints) and are accustomed to writing clean, readable visual scripts that are production-ready, as well as being able to review scripts from other developers to highlight issues and provide suggestions for improvement
- A broad skill set is a strength! As a small team, we highly value those who can contribute to on multiple fronts
- Experience and dedication to developing high quality player experiences
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing. All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.